The method is similar to the newspaper manicure that has been popular for some time and is quite easy (imagine a slightly more labor intensive version of silly putty and the Sunday comics.)
Will I be trying? Heck no. I’m a slob with a bottle of nail polish and prefer it to be done for me. Yet, I’m happy to share the procedure with you.
What do you think? Pretty or Pretty Ugly?
- Start with a clear base coat
- Apply a white polish color and let dry
- Dip each finger in alcohol completely covering each nail (Vodka is suggested, but who the heck is wasting a good bottle of Vodka on something like this?)
- Press a strip of a the map, large enough to cover the whole nail, over each alcohol soaked nail.
- Leave on for a few seconds and then peel off
- Finish with a clear top coat to seal the design and to keep it from rubbing off.