Now that our bellies are filled with turkey and stuffing it’s time to put our holiday hats and get shopping. I know, I know, you are probably still digesting and have leftovers left in the fridge, but it’s hard to ignore all the deals that happen immediately after Thanksgiving. And, of course, I’d be remiss if I didn’t showcase my own suggestion in my holiday gift guide.
2016 Holiday Gift Guide
Warm & Fuzzy Gifts
- LOFT Snow Bloom Pajama Shorts 2. Philosophy 3-Pc. Amazing Grace Jumbo Eau de Toilette Set 3. Thalia Sodi Plus Size Printed Satin Pajama Set 4. LOFT Sock Set 5. IRIS Gifts For INC International Concepts Sequined Slippers 6. ‘Rose Hibiscus’ Hydrating Face Mist 7. Monarch Cypress S Mocha Microfiber Plush-Lined 8. Nordstrom Faux Fur Eye Mask
There is something about pajamas and sleepwear that always feel like an appropriate gift for the holidays. Maybe it’s because these are gifts we rarely give ourselves, they are easy to buy or just universally accepted. Whatever the reason, these are some great choices.
Hats, Scarves, Gloves
- The Fur Vault Knitted Mink Fur Headband 2. Echo ‘Touch – Zip Bouclé’ Tech Gloves 3. Ann Taylor Faux Fur Stole 4. Alex DIY Scarf Kit 5. Earmuff Headphones 6. Hunter Original Tall Cable Knit Cuff Welly Boot Socks 7. UGG Wool-Blend Gloves, Beanie & Scarf 8. Sorel ‘Joan of Arctic’ Waterproof Snow Boot 9. Heat Holders – Women’s Thermal Fleece Cable Knit Winter Hat
Sizing can often get tricky to get right when buying gifts which makes buying scarves, hats and other cold weather purchases a safe bet. Just be careful. A generic scarf or pair of gloves can also often say, “I didn’t know what to get you, so I bought you these gloves.” Make sure you put some thought into the styles you do buy.
- Apple Watch Tea Rose Applique Leather Strap 2. ‘Charge 2’ Wireless Activity & Heart Rate Tracker 3. Beats by Dr. Dre UrBeats Earbuds 4. Q Designs QBracelet with iPhone Charger 5. Ringly Aries Activity Tracker Smart Ring in Tourmalated Quartz 6. Apple Watch Series 2 38mm Rose Gold Aluminum Case with Pink Sand Sport Band
I love tech! Style and tech combined? Yes! Tech purchases are often expensive so make sure the person you are buying for actually likes and needs something techy. Alternatively, you could buy an accessory for your tech loving friend’s favorite items.
Gifts with Personality
- Clean Up Your Fractal DIY Soap Kit 2. Society6 She Wants The D (estruction Of Patriarchy) Carry-All Pouch Small 3. Kate Spade Bits and Baubles Jewelry Pouch 4. J. Crew coin purse 5. Wine Wipes 6. ‘Museum Collection’ Boxed Socks 7. Flight 001 Go Clean Heels Bag 8. Kusmi Tea Voyage Travel Tea Set 9. J. Crew Jane Sunglasses
Have a friend who is a beauty junkie, know someone who loves art, travel, tea? Go the extra mile and think of ways that you can tell you friend or family member that you thought beyond just the generic gifts or gift cards. Some of the gifts above will give you some great ideas in addition to offering some other smart gift suggestions.
Jewelry and Scarves
- Ann Taylor Jeweled Silk Tassel Earrings 2. BERRY JEWELRY Elephant Ring Holder 3. Kendra Scott Tatum Stacking Bracelets 4. Ann Taylor Pearlized Tassel Necklace 5. Ann Taylor Jungle Cat Scarf 6. J. Crew Jewel box cluster earrings
Jewelry and scarves can be a safe bet, can be being the operative words. Like winter scarves and gloves, don’t be generic with the jewelry you choose. If you don’t know someone well enough your risk buying what will seem like a “throwaway gift.” For a jewelry lover you don’t know well enough, try a jewelry storage gift as an option.
Fitness and more
- Athleta Studio Wrap 2. Gaiam Mary Jane Striped Yoga Socks 3. C by Bloomingdale’s Cashmere Travel Wrap 4. Sport Ponytail Holders 5. Chin-up I Don’t Sweat Sparkle Tank Top
Fitness gifts for your fitness friends and family is a great idea, especially with all the different gifts at different price points. As someone who goes to the gym everyday I’d certainly not turn down new workout tops or even some workout socks (sue me, I’m practical). However, buying fitness inspired gifts for those who don’t workout is rarely a good idea unless you are attempting to insult them with a not-so-subtle hint.
- Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer 2. Bareminerals ‘Give Me A Swirl Full-Size Brush Collection 3. Drybar Blowout In A Box
Check out some additional beauty junkie gifts. I had to feature the Dyson hairdryer because, come on, they managed to make vacuum cleaners cool. I can’t help but think their hairdryers will work magic. Next makeup brushes. Makeup as a gift? Unless your loved one told you exactly what they want avoid giving it. But makeup brushes? Definitely! Makeup is only as good as the brushes you use is what I like to say. Lastly, a blow out in a box? I just hope it comes with a stylist who can actually handle a blowdryer like a pro.
Bags and More
- Loeffler Randall Metallic Cruise Tote 2. Dogeared Fortune Cookie Pendant Necklace 3. Love, Style, Life by Garance Doré 4. UGG Sheepskin Care Kit 5. Style & Co. Clean Cut Reversible Crossbody 6. J.crew ‘Signet’ Leather Crossbody Bag
Rounding out the list, here are a few additional items to consider. I, for one, have that fortune cookie necklace on my list. I bought a Dogeared necklace for my niece a few years ago and love their styles.
Enjoy your shopping!
SUBSCRIBE TO BRIDGETTE'S WEEKLY STYLE UPDATES
RECEIVE A FREE WARDROBE CAPSULE BUILDER GUIDE WHEN YOU SUBSCRIBE