Ah. Autumn is finally here. Sweater weather! It’s still a bit warm in New York but I’m looking forward to cozy turtle necks, hot soups and switching out my summer SPF lotion for my winter SPF lotion.
Oh, you thought because summer was over we’d stop talking about sun safety?
Bottom line while your exposure to the sun is reduced in the fall/winter months, the sun doesn’t go away. But if you’re like me and have radiator heat or any other kind of heating that results in extremely dry air, you know night cream isn’t the only time you need moisturizer.
A lightweight moisturizer that you put on before your makeup that contains a 30 SPF is critical to your skin routine. I’ve been told by more than one runway model that you MUST put moisturizer on before your makeup in order for it to set correctly.
I’m not sure if that’s true but I do know that being religious about sunscreen not only prevents skin cancer it also prevents wrinkles and age spots. I was born in Yuma Arizona, which currently holds the Guinness Book of World Records for being the sunniest place on the planet! One big thing I’ve noticed is the skin of older people in Arizona is dramatically different from senior citizens in Washington where the cold rainy weather drives you inside.
The conclusion is clear: the sun is not good for skin.
CeraVe Ultra-Light Moisturizing Lotion SPF 30
Need a great lightweight broad-spectrum daily moisturizer? Try CeraVe Ultra-Light Moisturizing SPF 30. It’s perfect.
- Ultra-lightweight formula moisturizes the skin and leaves a matte finish
- Provides Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen to help protect skin from UVA and UVB rays
- MVE Technology: This patented delivery system continually releases moisturizing ingredients for 24-hour hydration
- Ceramides: Essential for healthy skin, ceramides help restore and maintain the skin’s natural barrier
- Hyaluronic acid: This ingredient attracts hydration to the skin’s surface and helps the skin retain moisture
- Non-comedogenic, oil-free, fragrance-free and suitable for sensitive skin
- Developed with dermatologists
- Recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation
Even better, it’s affordable and retails for about $15 for 1.7oz and can easily be found at most major drug stores. Or order it through Amazon. You can check it out here.
SUBSCRIBE TO BRIDGETTE'S WEEKLY STYLE UPDATES
RECEIVE A FREE WARDROBE CAPSULE BUILDER GUIDE WHEN YOU SUBSCRIBE